From Virtual Labs Community
Revision as of 13:51, 10 February 2016 by Aswin
Creation of bootable virtual labs pen-drive
- The machine should have Ubuntu (any version is fine) running on it.
- The minimum capacity of the pen drive should be 8 GB.
- Download the iso
- Install unetbootin package by running the command sudo apt-get install unetbootin in a terminal.
- Run unetbootin by running the command unetbootin in a terminal.
- A GUI will appear and the paths for pen-drive and iso image should be provided.
- Click Next to create the bootable pen-drive. This step takes around 5 minutes and your bootable pen-drive is ready.
- A bootable virtual labs pen-drive is created.
Running Virtual Labs
- Any machine with a usb port.
- Insert the pen-drive that is created in the above steps into the usb port.
- Restart the machine and press F12 for the boot menu.
- Select USB Drive to boot from.
- Choose ‘Run Ubuntu without installation’ and allow the machine to boot.
- After booting, open the browser and the virtual labs are ready to use.