Monsoon 2014 Internship: A Report
VLEAD engineers mentored fifteen interns from various engineering colleges of the country from mid May to mid July 2014. Most of the interns were from IIIT-Hyderabad, many from NITs of Rourkela, Durgapur, Raipur and Jaipur, and a few from local private engineering colleges of Hyderabad. These students were selected based on their interests, performance in a written test, and a face to face interview with VLEAD engineers. Please check their page at:Interns 2014
The interns were mentored to design and implement various back-end modules and also a UI module for the ongoing virtual labs project. Here is a summarised list of their work:
- Logging server: A centralized logging server for auto-deployment tool of virtual labs.
- One VM Per Lab architecture (OVPL): Refining and developing various sub modules and adapters for the proposed OVPL architecture .To learn more about OVPL Architecture check this internal documentation at: https://github.com/vlead/ovpl/wiki/OVPL-Architechtures and the blog post: Architecture of the virtual labs hosting system .
- Automatic deployment of virtual labs on cloud: APIs in python for automatic deployment of Virtual Labs on cloud, for OpenStack and Eucalyptus architectures.
- Performance and Testing framework: A framework for web page optimisation of Virtual labs.
- Modules for Security framework: Modules to shield virtual labs from security issues.
- Virtual labs on pen drive: As per MHRD’s request, ISO image of representative Virtual labs made available on a pen drive. For more info check this post: Virtual Labs on Portable Media
- Dashboard: A dashboard for back end services.
This entry was posted in Uncategorized on September 14, 2014 by Jayashree Prasad.